Workplace Pain PreventionMarch 30, 2017
Coming Out of Hibernation for SpringApril 11, 2017
What Controls What?
The digestive system is a series of organs that convert food into essential nutrients that are absorbed into the body as well as move unused waste material out of the body. Any disturbances in the body can compromise the function of the digestive system. Consider your nervous system. The nervous system has almost complete control over various aspects of the digestive function. If nerves in the thoracic region come out of alignment and irritated, issues with digestion can manifest.
Chiropractic care is a powerful solution that does not require medication. The lumbar region of the spine controls the pace at which your body digests food. Regular adjustments can correct these subluxations, misalignments, and improve overall body function and health. A chiropractor can safely and gently correct the misalignment to take the strain off the spine and alleviate the digestive issues.
Common Digestive Issues
- Constipation – a temporary digestive issues in which bowel movements are infrequent or difficult to pass
- Constipation is not a disease but a symptom of digestive issues
- Characterized by bowel movements fewer than three times a week or stool that is hard and difficult to pass
- Special nerves in the intestine make the muscles in the stomach push the waste out of the bowl. Any kind of pressure on these nerves may cause interference with the regular function of the bowel.
- Those that eat three meals should have 2-3 bowel movements a day – anything less means toxic waste is sitting in your body too long
- Infants, children, and adults alike can suffer from constipation and benefit from chiropractic treatment but only after trying dietary changes and laxatives.
- Proper adjustments in the lower spine area can help relive constipation
- Acid Reflux – a condition in which contents of the stomach come back up into the esophagus, often resulting in a burning sensation.
- An indication that food is not being properly digested
- Without treatment long-term damage to the esophagus can occur
- Heartburn is a common symptom when the contents of the stomach are forced back up into the esophagus.
- Taking medication is only a temporary fix for this digestive issue symptom
- Misalignments can cause continual stimulation of the specific portion of the nervous system that connects the stomach and esophagus which in turn slows the movement of food through the stomach.
- Chiropractic care can reconnect the nerve supply to the stomach and spine, take stress of the joints and strengthen the spinal muscle to relieve pressure
- Crohn’s Disease – an inflammatory bowel disease characterized by chronic inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract leading to diarrhea, abdominal cramping, weight loss, etc.
- The disease has negative effects on a person’s digestive system making it hard for the body to absorb essential nutrients from food and fight off infection.
- Misalignment of the spine inhibits communication to the brain which prevents it from synchronizing the functions of the body and combat unhealthy bacteria, viruses, toxins
- Adjustments can improve immune system and provide long-term remission of symptoms
- Excess Gas– usually shown through burping, belching, flatulence and bloating and indicates that there is an underlying digestive conditionCommonly accompanied by bloating – a temporary enlargement of the stomach caused by air becoming stuck around the abdomen making it distend outward.
- As food is improperly digested, gas is released leaving you feeling bloated and sometimes with excess gas to pass.
- Adjustments of the spine remove misalignments which normalize the misfiring of nerves
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome – affects the colon and/or large intestine where sufferers have a wide range of symptoms such as diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain and bloating
- Signals to the brain are inhibited by misalignments of the spine which can lead to irregular functioning of the bowel, digestion, and healing process.
- Even just one sublaxation can impede proper body functioning and health
- Chiropractic care can help reduce inflammation in the body and decrease over all stress, which triggers most IBS symptoms.
- A study was conducted: a woman who suffered symptoms 1-2 times a week, after regular adjustment over a few weeks she noticed an easing of symptoms and after 2 years she was symptom free.
Prevent and Heal Your Body
Chiropractic care coupled with healthy eating and stress management can help prevent digestive issues and overall good health. This holistic approach is usually safer than many medications prescribed for digestive disturbances. Rapid relief from these problems could be in your future. If you have digestive issues and are wondering if chiropractic care could help treat these issues stop by our office. Krieger Health Solutions offers a whole body approach to chiropractic care. To learn more and begin your journey to feeling better, call us at: (770) 993-4425 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.