Chiropractic For Pregnancy
Pregnancy brings a lot of changes to your body and you may not always be ready for them. There are some things you can do in order to prepare your body with chiropractic for pregnancy that will keep you and your growing baby as comfortable as possible. Taking a holistic wellness approach and adding chiropractic care before, during and after your pregnancy could make all the difference for you.
A holistic care approach can help you have the healthiest pregnancy possible, increase your chances for a natural birth and alleviate the risks posed by pain medications and other medical interventions. Chiropractic care can help even before you conceive.
During pregnancy, there are several changes that occur in preparation for creating and developing the baby. Your rising abdomen and increased back curve, as well as pelvic and postural changes, can result in misaligned spine and/or joints which can cause extra pain. If the pelvis is not aligned correctly it may reduce the amount of room available for the growing baby. By adding chiropractic care to your pregnancy plan you can have a healthier pregnancy, control the symptoms of nausea, and relieve pain from the back, neck and joints. Not surprising, preparing your body through pregnancy through chiropractic can also reduce the time of labor and delivery.
Here are some ways you can get your body ready for pregnancy with a holistic approach:
- Educate Yourself – It is never good to be stressed or afraid of what is going on with your body. Banish the fear of the unknown by learning what happens to your body during pregnancy and labor and how what you do affects your baby.
- De-Stress and Let Your Body Relax – There is a lot of good that comes from learning how to manage stress and anxiety during a pregnancy, included better mental health.
- Pregnancy Yoga – helps you learn to breathe and relax through uncomfortable moments, release lower back tension and open up your chest and hips, which will help during delivery.
- Also consider meditation, breathing exercises, visualization, massage therapy; increasing amount of sleep, keeping a journal, reading and bathing to ease your body into pregnancy.
- Consistently Exercise – Having a set workout regimen will help get your body in shape and maintain a healthy weight during and after the pregnancy. It will also boost your energy, assist in you sleep better, reduce stress, make labor easier and help your body bounce back quicker after birth. It is recommended that you are active for 30 minutes a day, at least 5 times a week.
- Pro-Tip: Consider swapping your regular chair for an exercise ball during pregnancy to help keep the pelvis forward and in good alignment and strengthen to core, which will help get the baby get into optimal position.
- Be Mindful of What You Eat – In preparation for getting pregnant and after you have become pregnant it is important to clean up your diet. Remove unhealthy foods and eating habits, replace them with healthy ones. It is recommended that you improve your gut health, take prenatal vitamins to bridge any gaps, add folinic acid or methyl folate, remove caffeine and increase how much water you drink daily, especially as you become pregnant. No alcohol or tobacco.
- Lean on Your Support System – It is important to surround yourself with people who are going to help you get through all of these changes. It is important to keep positive before, during, and after pregnancy. Negativity does have an effect on your body and your baby. Include someone in your support system who has been through this and can give you sound advice about the wellness of you and your baby, and can keep you accountable.
- Add Chiropractic Care – The addition of a chiropractor to your pregnancy team will help you deal with all of the changes to your body and make sure your baby has enough space to grow. Chiropractic care can also help with fetal position changes, symptoms of pregnancy, placenta previa, breech babies, pain and discomfort, stress management etc. This care is beneficial before, during and after pregnancy for both mother and baby.
Start Preparing Your Body With Chiropractic For Pregnancy at Krieger Health Solutions
A holistic chiropractor can help you improve your body and prepare for the changes you will undergo as you become pregnant. Krieger Health Solutions offers a whole body approach to chiropractic care before, during, and after pregnancy. To learn more and begin your journey, call us at (770) 993-4425 or email us at: email@example.com